To deal with the question ‘How do we know it really matters?‘ let me list ten brief responses, in alphabetical order, for you to a) ponder, b) ignore, or c) use as a starting point for the creation of your own answer:
01) By listening to our heart.
02) If it didn’t matter we wouldn’t be considering it.
03) It represents our best efforts.
04) It’s a matter of instinct.
05) It’s a question of aligning actions with values.
06) It’s common sense.
07) Life feels better as a result.
08) The smile we receive from X tells us so.
09) We don’t, but the alternative could be worse.
10) We get to sleep peacefully at night.
Thanks for reading this ‘How do we know it really matters?‘ post.
Brian Groves DipM MCIM Chartered Marketer, CTI-trained Co-Active Coach and Freelance Trainer, supplies professional and personal development through coaching, coaching workshops, marketing development training and English language training.
As an Adjunct Professor at the Catholic University of Milan, Italy, Brian teaches a postgraduate course based on dramatic texts and elements of coaching to examine various work-related performance matters.
The stage of work (2016)
Performance skills at work (2015)
Elements of theatre at work (2010)