I am Brian Groves DipM FCIM Chartered Marketer, Coach, Trainer, Adjunct Professor, and Author. I supply professional and personal development to a portfolio of corporate clients and individuals, mainly motivated young and mid-life professionals who wish to live their potential, in education, work or life in general.
– Coaching sessions in English and Italian. Adhering to International Coach Federation (ICF) guidelines, and with the clients setting the agenda, ‘Slow Lane Coaching’ with me can lead to change, action, or simply awareness of the power, beauty and abundance already present in your life. See the Coaching page for more details.
– University teaching in English. As an Adjunct Professor at the Università Cattolica, Milan, Italy, I teach the International graduate course Leadership coaching: bringing potential to the stage of work and provide teaching, tutoring, coaching, and mentoring as part of the International Virtual Internship Program.
In past semesters, I additionally taught the International graduate course Personal marketing: performance skills at work, plus the Interfaculty postgraduate course Training through drama and coaching for work. See the Training page for more details.
– Objects 2 Inspire. Based on the Teachers Pay Teachers platform, using the brand name Objects 2 Inspire, I provide learning resources to inspire students to be present, live their potential and let their light shine.
Integrating experiential learning and coaching, the educational products are divided into four categories: Inspiration, Leadership, Learning and Learning Italian. See the Objects 2 Inspire page for more details.
– Writing. To date, I have published 24 books uniting coaching, performance and work, plus more recently, inspirational poetry. More details are on the Books by Brian page, with the latest offerings being available at my Amazon Author Page.
– Blogging. Active since March 2009, over 1,150 postings about professional and personal development are available on the Home page.
Born in Brighton, England, I started my career in the corporate worlds of London and Brighton working in finance and banking.
Since moving to Italy, initially to teach English, I have built up both experience and proven competency in the field of professional and personal development, supplying to date over 15,000 hours of training to a portfolio of corporate and individual clients.
I am a holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), a Fellow of the Institute and a Chartered Marketer.
Having completed the International Coach Federation (ICF) Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) of the Coaches Training Institute, UK, I have obtained the title Coach.
Valuing ongoing learning, I engage in continuing professional development (CPD) in coaching, training and marketing.
On a personal note, after residing in Milan for many years, I now live in Modena, Italy, with Donatella. Her initials supply the ‘dt’ element of the bgdtcoaching name.
A passion for music, sport, and the theatre, examples of channelling the power of preparation and practice into peak moments of performance, have accompanied me throughout my journey to now. Other pastimes include reading, jogging and a limited amount of social media activity.
Committed to living mindfully, I am a Mitra (‘friend’ in Sanskrit) in the Triratna Buddhist Community.
THE NEXT STEP
If you desire to let your potential shine bright; are motivated by professional and/or personal development; or wish to connect with the simplicity and richness of life; as a coach and trainer, I look forward to working with you.
Contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment below for a free no-obligation appointment via Skype, Zoom or Google Meet/Hangout.
The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart. Buddha